Data Engineering is working with data and Big Data: programming of data collecting, storing, processing, searching and visualization.
We are waiting for
· Specialists who are ready to change their profession and start career in IT;
· Graduates of technical universities without restrictions on distribution after the university;
· Students of upper grades (technical specialties).
Experience in banking, engineering or any other technical sphere will be a benefit.
Requirements for candidates
· Basic knowledge of relational Database management system (DBMS) theory;
· Basic knowledge of SQL (we recommend learning exercises on SQL here);
· Basic knowledge of network and virtualization technologies (you can get acquainted VirtualBox);
· English proficiency level - Pre-Intermediate - Intermediate (A2-B1).
Willingness to level up English skills in a short time;
· Ability to work in a team, good communication skills, readiness for self-development and learning a big amount of material in a short time.
We will give you an opportunity to acquire / expand your knowledge of working with data:
· analysis, forecasting and data integration;
· building data warehouses in tens of terabytes;
· data visualization to solve business problems;
· quality assurance in data storage and management systems.
If you successfully pass the training, you will become a Data Development / Consulting / Testing / Data Analysis Specialist with the opportunity of further employment in EPAM.
Training: 2-3 hours in the evening 2 times a week on weekdays at Rechetskiy, 80 (4 months)
List of recommended literature:
· К. J. Date. Introduction to Database Systems. — p. 1328. — ISBN 5-8459-0788-8.
· Ralph Kimball. The data warehouse ETL toolkit - practical techniques for extracting, cleaning, conforming, and delivering data. Wiley, 2004
P.S. To consolidate skills, use materials for self-preparation "Materials for self-studying (for future Data Engineers)"